Welcome to Introduction to Apple iLife ’06 in the Classroom
This course will be delivered by Leslie Carroll and Mary Marotta. We are both technology integration teachers for the Nashoba Regional School District and are very excited about teaching this course.
This course is designed to train teachers to use the applications included in Apple’s iLife ’06 suite including iPhoto, iMovie, iTunes, iDVD and GarageBand. We will provide basic instruction on how to use each of the various applications and ideas on how to incorporate them into a classroom environment, either making projects for instructional use or teaching students to create their own projects.
Recommended Text: The Macintosh iLife 06 in the Classroom, Jim Heid & Ted Lai ISBN-10: 0-321-42654-1; also an iPod, MP3 player and digital camera maybe helpful in the class. If you have your own mac with iLife 06, please bring to class, we will provide the wireless. Handouts will include tip sheets, relevant Internet sites and other information compiled by the instructors.
Please introduce yourself to your classmates by clicking on the comments link.
Friday evening we will have a guest presenter Christos Perakis email@example.com from Apple. Christos will provide an overview of iLife and share lessons and ideas from Apple. We are delighted to have him join us! (So, bring your supper to class!)
In the Classroom
See teachers’ lesson plans and sample projects using Apple’s powerful digital media tools:
iPhoto in the classroom ideas http://www.apple.com/education/solutions/iphoto/
iChat AV and iSight
* Shortcuts http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto/shortcuts
Samples to Watch
- Angus King's take on "The World is Flat."Mr. King will reveal this notions of how this important book exposes issues in the our current economy, Â the economies of the future, and how education needs to prepare our students for this flattened earth.
- Other examples
- Marco Torres - Digital Students
- Why ... Digital Media Students for more examples
- More http://podcast.nox.org/
Create sample class project - Monsoon at Nashoba.