Practice and play with what you have learned. (iphoto, imovie, idvd and itunes).
In the comment box below summarize and comment on each item. (only need to post one reflection covering the three topics). Suggestion, write in Word (offline) and copy and paste to the blog. Save your Word document as backup.
- Read an article about using these applications and/or video in education. Read it and reflect your opintions or ideas from the article and how it might apply to your assignment in school.
- Go to iTunes, locate a podcast that you may use in your classroom. Tell us what you found!
- Go to the iLife Awards Site http://www.apple.com/education/ilifeawards/ and lesson plans page http://www.apple.com/education/solutions/ilife/ Choose one you particularly like or one that is relevent to your job.
1. Article IPods Fast Becoming New Teacher's Pet
2. Article There's Something in the Air: Podcasting in Education (pdf)
By Gardner Campbell. © 2005 Gardner Campbell
3. How To: Use Digital Storytelling in Your Classroom * Edutopia Magazine
Edutopia - A storyteller for education, GLEF profiles how teachers and students around the country are enacting many inspiring stories and transforming their schools http://www.edutopia.org/ - subscribe now!
4. Students Find Their Voices Through Multimedia The San Fernando Education Technology Team helps Latino students deliver powerful messages through video and the Web. Read and Watch - Marco Torres more Teacher Video by Marco Torres and Digital Students (Note Digital Students @analog Schools - 4th on right) Marco Torres student movies
5. Jamestown - NEA Article http://www.nea.org/takenote/jamestown06.html (and check it out in iTunes/podcast)
6. Podcasting: Collaborative projects and shout-outs
Rock Our World (an international project using podcasting and videoconferencing)
Mothers' Day Podcasts Where in the World Podcasting Project: PDF Description and RSS Feed
7. eSchool News series Video Goes to School (may have to register to read articles *)
Part 1 http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStory.cfm?ArticleID=5597
Part 2 http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStorysr.cfm?ArticleID=5641 *
pPart 3 http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStorysr.cfm?ArticleID=5689 *
eSchool News Video on Demand Boosts Students’ Math Scores
8. http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/Pfshowstory.cfm?ArticleID=5134 *
See you on Friday, March 23rd!!